Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Day 18 - Where's the Wagon?

A couple things worth noting today. First of all, no alcohol. In the words of Forest Gump, ...”that’s all I have to say ‘bout dat.”

Secondly, after my Rueben sandwich lunch and my somewhat meager dinner, I had tremendous gut ache, an ate too much Thanksgiving meal feeling. I don’t know why exactly but another friend reminded me of the stomach shrinkage phenomenon. There either is something to that, or something else is going on deep inside.

An the activity side of things, a word to the wise, don’t get ahead of yourself. By now you should be feeling pretty confident that you can see this plan through to the end. No big deal there right? After all, it’s all downhill from here. But, don’t get overconfident. Playing football in the street sounds easy and simple enough, however, it’s easy to get caught up in how you performed when you were younger. Don’t do that. One quick sprint downfield to catch a ball and afterwards I was immediately out of breath gasping for air, and then started sweating. After that, I took it slower, didn’t really exert myself as hard and life was good. Since I started sweating, I certainly can count it as an activity. It was about 20 minutes worth. Just remember that you are pathetic with no self-discipline like me. You’ve been living Fat and Happy for a long time, and it’s going to take longer to get back to the days of old, in fact you may never get there, simply because you’re aging as well. If you’ve been following the plan, you’re less pathetic than you once were, but it’s not over yet. Take it slow. Then your groin won’t hurt like mine.

Day 18

  • 199!
  • 4 cups of coffee
  • 7 glasses of water
  • 21 cherries
  • 1 piece of wheat toast with butter and peanut butter (yum yum)
  • 1 large Rueben with horseradish
  • 1 side of coleslaw
  • 2 slices of pickle
  • 6 Altoids
  • 2 pieces of Trident apple fusion gum
  • 1 roasted chicken breast (smothered in gravy)
  • 1 serving of green beans (smothered in gravy)
  • 1 serving of mashed potatoes (smothered in gravy)
  • 4 handfuls of sunflower seeds
  • 1 large glass of orange juice
  • 25 pushups
  • 25 sit-ups
  • played football in the street

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to get after it man. Pain == Gain. Join a gym or somethin'!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home