Friday, August 11, 2006

Day 6 - Macho Camacho

At one point today I had more on my activity list than I did my mouth intake list. My back held up well. That’s never happened before. I was feeling good all day, and progressively felt like I could do more as the day wore on. Well except when I woke up....poop tea isn’t in the cards for me. It might work for some people, but not me. Too bad, it’s the only tea that really tasted good to me. Turns out the person that gave it to me has some Constantinople issues, if you know what I mean. So I’m sure the tea helps in that regard. Good to know beforehand I suppose.

Day 6 didn’t feel like a dog day, it felt like a strong day, wasn’t hungry and wasn’t trying to avoid food. The day wore on and I was too busy to notice. When I had a chance to eat, I kept it light and felt pleasantly full afterwards. Amazing. This despite the fact that I played cards until the wee hours. Usually, that’s a booze and food fest. I think I kept it under control, without any remorse or guilt. Almost like the days of the fat and happy plan. Sure, I had my fill, but since it was a good day, none of that phased me. You can still do anything you want on this plan, but your daily log and review puts you in control. This makes me feel good about going on vacation for a week right smack dab in the middle of this 30 day effort.

This isn’t about weight day to day. I probably gained weight after the days events because of all the beer I consumed. If I weighed myself every day for 30 days it would go up and down the entire time. On the down days I would feel great, on the up days I would feel pathetic. All of those feelings are misguided. Airplanes are off course 99% of the time but they always reach the right destination. An airplanes computer system is constantly checking and correcting it’s behavior but the pilot really never feels it. It’s probably too much to deal with. He’s in control of the bigger goal. This is about weighing yourself before you board the plane, and weighing yourself when you land only. Don’t deal with the day to day weigh-ins, they can't tell you where you are headed at any point in time. The feelings you get are misguided and it’s not worth it.

Day 6

  • 199!
  • ¾ pot of coffee
  • 3 glasses of water
  • 1 Vitamin C tablet
  • 1 hard boiled egg
  • 1 bowl of chicken salad
  • 3 Altoids
  • 1 banana
  • 1 peanut butter stuffed Keebler cookie
  • 1 apple/cinnamon Nutri-grain bar
  • 1 braeburn apple
  • 1 dozen pretzels
  • Several handfuls of sunflower seeds (the kind where you spit out shells)
  • 3 string cheese
  • 4 Coors beers
  • 1 Miller Lite beer
  • 2 Guinness beers
  • 2 Molson Canadian beers
  • (sidenote: all beer was consumed over an 8 hour interval)
  • 20 pushups
  • 10 leg lifts
  • 3 reps of holding my legs out at 15 seconds each
  • cut neighbors lawn*
  • walked Vern (2 miles)
  • biked 2 miles (7 minutes 44 seconds)**

* I’m cutting his when he’s gone on vacation, and he’ll return the favor next week when I’m on vacation.

** while the boys were sitting outside in the hood, a gentle challenge was issued to complete the Vern 2 mile dog walking track on a bike, in 10 minutes or less. Bang! I may end up paying for this. Too strenuous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home