Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Day 4 - A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I think I’ve been able to tame my grazing eating habits again today by just a tad. No real hunger pains to report either. In addition, I’ve rallied some support from the neighborhood. I think this plan needs a new rule. I believe as you live through this, you need support. So the new rule is, you need to tell as many people about what you’re doing as possible. I told them my weight when I started, the plan I’m on, everything.

People love to help people. Even if it is to simply give them an opinion. You’re pathetic just like me, which is why you’re reading this. You have no self-discipline in your life, and you know nothing about getting in shape or good eating habits. You’ve been living by common sense, but you need more to lose weight and get in shape. You need a support group around you that can lend you some pointers. For instance, today I’ve got the following help (paraphrasing);

“You should really be drinking six to eight glasses of water a day.”

“Your body takes on toxins and you need to get rid of them, here have some tea that will help you poop in the morning, ridding your body of all that bad stuff. Then you’ll weigh less.”

“You wanna take our dog for a walk?”

In addition, as you tell more and more people, you feel a sense of obligation not to let them down. It’s not just you anymore, cheating yourself. Imagine what it would be like to see them tomorrow and have them ask you how it’s going and all you have in return is, “yeah, it’s not working out so hot....” because you couldn’t complete one of the cinchy steps that take no time at all per day. That would bite. Your support system is there to help lift you up after the initial excitement wears off. Right now, I’m still figuring this thing out so I’m still in the honeymoon phase. During the dog days (most likely Day 7 – Day 20), I’ll probably need to rely on them more and more. Just a hunch.

My exercise program has taken a turn to the upside. Not only did I notch another pushup and leg lift onto my program, but I also ended up walking the neighbors dog. I’m thinking that my measly exercise program will need to keep notching up higher, bit by bit to help me along. Nothing too strenuous, don’t want to feel pain. But if I can do it, I should at least try. The Day 4 tale of the tape is as follows:

Day 4

  • 199!
  • ¾ pot of coffee
  • 1 piece of Italian bread toast with real butter
  • 3 glasses of water
  • 1 ham and cheese on honey wheat bread with mayo
  • 1 Vitamin C tablet
  • 1 handful of sunflower seeds (the kind with the shells you spit)
  • 13 cherries (the kind with the pit. Makes for easy counting when you’re all done)
  • 4 Guinness beers
  • 1 Schlitz beer
  • 4 fried in beer batter salmon strips
  • 1 serving of french fries
  • 1 piece of Vienna bread with real butter
  • 2 Jugy fruits (what a waste)
  • 1 cup of poop tea
  • 16 pushups
  • 16 leg lifts
  • 40 minute walk with Vern*

*Vern is the neighbors dog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home