Monday, August 21, 2006

Day 8 - Empty Calories?


It was a tough day to get everything in because of the travel schedule. This plan is so easy that even on days like this, I can accomplish my goal. Feeling a wee bit bloated from the other night. Doesn’t feel like I’m making progress, but I am, simply because I’m doing a little bit each day towards a goal.

It’s pretty apparent that I like to imbibe. Everyone tells me that it’s no good for a diet, “those are empty calories” they say, whatever that means. Being that the next several days are over a vacation with family and friends, I’m going to go easy on myself. For the duration of the trip, I’m no longer going to count off each of the spirits I consume, but rather be more generic about the quantities. Vacation is a time to relax. There should be no guilt on this plan, and that’s that.

The Day 8 also finds me very active with the packing/unpacking, but I’m not going to count that. There’s plenty of other types of activities to do in the north woods. The Day 8 log is as follows:

Day 8

  • 199!
  • 4 cups of coffee
  • 5 glasses of water
  • several handfuls of sunflower seeds
  • 1 6” turkey sub on wheat from Subway
  • beers
  • cocktails
  • wine with dinner
  • 1½ jamaican jerk grilled pork chops
  • ½ baked potato with cheese and sour cream
  • 1 handful of potato chips

  • road a hydro-bike*

* this is a bike that sits on top of two pontoons in the water. When you pedal a propeller rotates in the back and pushes you along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home