Thursday, August 24, 2006

Day 19 - Resist The Weigh-In

I was able to get Vern back on the program and we did our original short track of 2 miles. He only laid down once, and attempted to lay down one other time before I stopped him. I instructed his owners that they may want to take him in and get his heart checked out. Makes me wonder if they have a doggy EKG machine. In addition, I’ve recruited another older medium size dog from across the street. Her name is Bailey. They tell me she doesn’t crap or tinkle on the walk, only before and after, and just sticks by your side. She’s not all over the place smelling every mail box post and getting tangled up around every small tree. I think I need to put Vern back on the shelf every once and a while. Looking forward to testing her out.

A meager eating day, but I wasn’t bloated at all, and when I felt hungry, I ate something, albeit nothing special. Fairly simple. One more mention from someone today saying, “it looks like you might be losing weight, and I ain’t checkin’ you out dude.” So, I’ve had the urge to weigh myself based on those comments. Could it be true? Am I really dropping some weight here, how much? 2lbs, 5lbs, 10lbs? It’s simple to find out, nobody would have to know. NOPE! That’s not the plan, so I resist it. The plan is about learning self-discipline and control, living consciously, and as a result feeling healthier and losing weight. Without the former, you certainly don’t get the latter. So, focusing on the former, here’s Day 19. Fairly close to the big 10 day countdown.

Day 19

  • 199!
  • ¾ pot of coffee
  • 1 slice of wheat toast with butter and peanut butter
  • 2 sausage links
  • 1 scoop of hash browns with American cheese
  • 5 glasses of water
  • 1000mg of Vitamin C
  • 4 bites of a pear (too mealy, yuck)
  • 2 handfuls of mini twist pretzels
  • 2 gin and tonics with a lime
  • 1 turkey on wheat with cheese and mayo
  • 25 pushups
  • 25 sit-ups
  • 2 mile walk with Vern

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home