Friday, August 25, 2006

Day 20 - Jumping Rope Is Not Child's Play

So my wife told me a few days ago that jumping rope is really good for you. She was wrong. I felt completely horrible afterwards. It only lasted a few minutes. Since Day 20 brought rain and thunderstorms and I can’t test out my new walking dog, I decided to jump rope. Sounded simple enough, but I would definitely consult a doctor before trying this yourself. Unless of course, you start really small, like 10 times. Just like the pushups and sit-ups I’ve been doing. I didn’t start with 25 each, nor should I have when you consider how pathetically out of shape I was. A slow incremental build with what your body feels comfortable with. Doing small activities daily until your body tells you to take the next step. Well, I didn’t listen to my own advice with the jump rope. I’m still breathing heavy just thinking about it.

After a light McDonald’s snack, I’ve got a stomach ache. While it tasted good it left me feeling full and icky. I can’t overstate how full I feel after the seemingly small intake, it’s amazing to me. I had a few other chances to stuff my pie hole with other items, but I resisted. Mostly, because my notepad wasn’t handy and I’d have to remember everything. Secondly, because I wasn’t hungry anyway. When I’m hungry I eat, but now it’s not as much as I used to eat.

Day 20

  • 199!
  • 4 cups of coffee
  • 1 Altoid
  • 4 chicken McNuggets w/ bbq sauce
  • 10 french fries (of varying length) w/ bbq sauce
  • 5 glasses of water
  • 1 slice of cantaloupe
  • 1 bunch of grapes
  • 1000mg Vitamin C
  • 1 granny smith apple
  • 2 handfuls of pretzels with horseradish mustard for dipping
  • 1 Schlitz beer
  • ½ homemade egg mcmuffin (yum yum)
  • 1 plate of buttered noodles
  • 2 gin and tonics
  • 1 snickerdoodle*
  • 25 pushups
  • 25 sit-ups
  • jumped rope 100 times (4 reps x 25 or so)
  • played 500 in the street

* apparently some German creation. A buttery cookie with cinnamon sprinkled on the top. Very tasty, which is surprising for German fodder. Usually German food has a dumb name and no flavor, this just has the dumb name. Nobody could help me with the spelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home