Sunday, August 27, 2006

Day 22 - Deal Madness

Throwing a party for your kids birthday can be maddening. Everyone asking you where the soda is, where the cups are, what they can do with a half eaten plate of cake and melted ice cream, setting up the play station for all of the boys with A.D.D., getting another busy box ready when they tire of that, asking if it’s ok to go upstairs and play hide and seek, kiddies traipsing mud through the house... it can get frantic at times. In addition, all the food and drink is hard to pass up. But, I have brats to cook, people to feed. This ends up being more of a drink day than a food day. It all starts and ends in a flurry.

A bunch of family you haven’t seen in a while is a good test to see if you look any different than the last party. Given the couple of comments I’ve been getting around town about how I look different, I use this as the real test. Family is good at telling you the truth, if you look fat, old, gray whatever. I have cousins that are extremely good at telling you all the bad stuff. Every time we see them, someone tells us we look husky, bigger, different, older, or just plain fat.

All day, no comments from the family. I even explain the plan I’m on, tell them I’m on Day 22....nothing. So, to all you liars that said I look like I’m losing weight....you’re full of crap. In the end it’s not at the heart of the plan anyway. At the core of this program is the self-discipline that I need. Whether or not self-discipline is a learned behavior is in question. Despite the poundage, self-discipline will eventually win out over no self control. The mass loss is the result of the process of continual, daily, incremental improvement. I do believe it will work, however. In fact, I’m almost there. Oh, and before you check my into Betty Ford, this was a 12 hour process. Or is that denial? During my review last night, it was fairly apparent that I was over served. But that’s another 30 day plan not invented yet. Day 22, party day, below:

Day 22

  • 199!
  • 3 cups of coffee
  • 9 glasses of water
  • 1 ham sandwich on a kaiser roll
  • 4 red wines
  • 1 sip of a very dirty martini
  • 1 brat with onions
  • 1 serving of cheesy potatoes
  • 1 serving of caesar salad
  • 4 Oktoberfest beers
  • 3 brandy rocks
  • 1 beef sandwich on a kaiser roll
  • 35 pushups
  • 30 sit-ups

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home