Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day 26 - Stop Wining

I ate out twice today. Mexican for lunch and Italian for dinner. Don’t know why, didn’t have any plans to do that, but it doesn’t matter. The friend I ate with for lunch suggested that all we ate was a big plate of sodium. He has a dietician who told him that he takes in too much salt, and to compensate he needs to drink a small inland lake every day. Perhaps that’s why I downed 9 glasses of water today. I was dried up like an old fart. Couldn’t get enough.

The tough part today was that I refused to drink any alcohol. Living consciously has made me aware of my excess, and most of the time it’s just not required, with the exception of vacation and parties. But sitting in an Italian restaurant, ordering and eating all that big food requires some good red wine. This is how I grew up. It’s reminiscent of all those holidays and parties we had at my Grandparents house. Nothing would taste better in that environment than a good deep red velvety wine. Nope, I resist. I’ve got more social, big party days coming up this weekend. Need to give the liver a break. It wasn’t easy either with my wife sitting there sipping on her Pinot Noir, “oh my gosh is this good, you should get one, wanna sip, just a try it, it’s really good...just a sip?” I then had to clue her into my conscious. Turns out communication and relationships work better that way. She’s not living consciously yet, so I forgive her.

Day 26

  • 199!
  • 3 cups of coffee
  • 9 glasses of water
  • 2 pork and onion enchiladas
  • rice and beans
  • several chips and salsa
  • 1 cup of Italian wedding soup
  • 3 pieces of Italian bread dipped in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
  • 1 serving of eggplant parmesan
  • ½ serving of noodles and red sauce
  • 35 pushups
  • 35 sit-ups

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home