Friday, September 01, 2006

Day 27 - Now We Go

Easy day eating wise and activity wise. Not hungry or sore, what's better than that? Got back on the booze train a bit because of a weekly card game. Starting to see the finish line. This plan is like second nature now. My notepad is like the wart on my right arm, it really doesn’t go anywhere without the rest of me. It’s dug in “real deep like.” Getting pretty anxious for the weigh-in. It has crossed my mind to quick check my weight, but had to remind myself that the weight thing is just an artifact of a tight plan. As Arnold Palmer once said, “luck is residue of skill” (at least I think it was the King). If I can’t do something simple like not weigh myself for 30 days straight, that shows how truly pathetic I am. Not doing something should be easy, as engrained during the days of the Fat and Happy Plan.

Going to see some old friends that we haven’t seen in a long time, tomorrow. Another great test for the true “looks like you’re getting in shape a bit” or “looks like you’ve lost some weight.” Another chance to show how full of crap the people were that had been saying those things when I was on Day 15 or whatever it was. They’ve put in a pool and are really anxious for us to see it and try it out, I’m sure it’s awesome.

What’s the deal with pools and water that make people take most of their clothes off anyway? People spend millions trying to figure out what to wear, what makes them look best, what makes them look less pathetic, chubby, round, fat, etc. Then they get around water and it all comes off. They say, “Look at me! I’m fat and out of shape! See my rolls and folds! What do you think is hiding in here?” What can they be thinking? Why are the rules different around water? I’m always amazed, despite my fat and happy figure, at how great and secure I can feel around a pool or water. There’s always someone more pathetic than me. In fact, there’s probably a rule brewing here. If you can’t find the most pathetic person around a pool or water, chances are it’s you.

Day 27

  • 199!
  • 4 cups of coffee
  • 5 glasses of water
  • 1 hard boiled egg
  • 1 slice of wheat toast with butter and peanut butter
  • 1 serving of leftover noodles with red sauce and grated romano cheese
  • 2 slices of sausage pizza
  • 3 Oktoberfest beers
  • 1 Miller Lite beer
  • 7 handfuls of sunflower seeds
  • 35 pushups
  • 35 sit-ups

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home